Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Of Mayors and Minutemen

Today is election day in Enron-by-the-Bay. With a field of 7, or is it 9, candidates, we are on our way to our second mayor in as many weeks. It kills me that Murphy fought Donna Frye over her write-in ballot bubble fiasco and then he quits anyway. What a waste of carbon, that man is. If a candidate doesn't get at least 51% of the vote we will be without a mayor for another 4 months until the November run-offs. If there is a deity more powerful than Bill Gates, then I pray to that divine being to let Frye win. And on another front, the Minutemen are planning a full-on border assault in mid-September. According to an Orange County mouthpiece, who I will not name because the bastard doesn't deserve any publicity, he is trying to take his group to nonprofit status! As a writer working for a nonprofit literacy organization, I am so offended. And I don't offend easily. Said mouthpiece claims they are going after employers who hire undocumented workers next. I hope the jerk doesn't eat out, or golf, or have his car washed, because who does he think does these "menial tasks?" Another thing about the Minutemen--Have they really thought about the connotation of this moniker, besides the historical significance? In my book, a minuteman is not a good thing!

1 comment:

The Complimenting Commenter said...

Great post. I would have to agree that what the old mayor did was horrible. Also about the minutemen. Never a good title.