
In an effort to appease this faux-vacation boredom, or just out of sheer stupidity, I signed up to be a part of this year's NaNoWriMo. For those that don't know, I have just made a commitment to write a 50,000 word novel in one month! I can't even comprehend writing 175 pages of somewhat related material-- I mean, I am a poet known for spare and concise use of language (even though my 'blog seems to suggest otherwise) not a teller of long and sustained tales.
The process starts in November with October as my idea incubation month. Of course, I have no idea what to write about and I've never had aspirations to write a novel--I am so NOT a fiction writer! But hell, those are just little details standing in the way of my future creation. At least I know what I'll be doing with my evenings in November.
In any event, check out the link (above) and consider supporting the project in general or this writer in particular. In fact, if anyone clicks on my Paypal link and drops a few ducats in my account in the month of October, I will share the wealth 50-50 with NaNoWriMo.
I'll accept all plot or character suggestions, words of encouragement, or uplifting libations. I hope this is not the beginning of my final unraveling :)
3 comments:
Stopped during my 30 seconds at Blog Explosion. Just wanted to say hi!
Have a great day!
wow that is a huge commitment, I have a half finished novel that took me a year to get to that point.
I'm trying to decide whether to put myself through that same torture! Good luck to you with it!
Post a Comment