Thursday, February 17, 2005

Cold Season and Birthdays Go Hand in Hand

At least, it seems like they do for me anyway. I am finally starting to realize, at the ripe age of, oh, never mind, that I am always sick the week of my birthday. And, being prone to exaggeration, I may not always be sick at this time of the year, but it seems like it. I guess February is a good time for sickness. I wouldn't be surprised if the stress over the rotting rodent hadn't somehow contributed to my dis-ease. 6 days of sinus infection-fever-achy body-yuk is finally winding down. Tomorrow I look forward to breathing out of both nostrils (let a girl dream, ok?).

Reading W.S. Merwin and Czeslaw Milosz these days and watching Fraser reruns. For an alleged Early Adopter I can be so behind the times. I think I discovered that Fraser was funny in its final week. That's what I get for not being a dutiful Amerikan TV viewer. And, yes, for you trivia fans, Kelsey Grammar and I share the same birthday. With Patty Hearst, Sidney Poitier, Ansel Adams, and Kurt Cobain, too. Make what you will of that list. How about you? Who do you share a birth date with?

No comments: