Sunday, February 13, 2005

A Putrid Thing

Spending much of the weekend clearing out clutter, cleaning up the abode, and making my bedroom the perfect sanctuary, like I did this weekend, is usually my idea of a good time. This proved to be no exception other than the fact of the creeping stench emanating from the wall near MY side of the bed! This foul odor can be none other than a dead something in the wall! Never mind the fact that I have a preternaturally acute sense of smell or the fact that I am also getting sick (from the stench as well) but this waft is increasing in strength each day! My dog, Lola, keeps going to that corner and sniffing, etc. All of it has me a wigged-out nervous wreck! What does one do in this situation? The offending wall is adjoining the garage (yes, they drive in toward our heads while we are in bed) of my co-board member. Do I call him and root around in his garage like a piggy looking for truffles? I really don't know how much more I can take. And of course it's worse at night. I had to sleep on Todd's side just to escape the malodor.

The universe seems to like it when I have a good challenge. Let's see (the void ponders) we'll finally give her that winter cold and throw in a dead piece of vermin to coincide with her upcoming birthday! Yep, that's it! Let's see how she wriggles out of this one. So in light of this last fact, something I am prone to down play much to the chagrin of my relatives and friends, I have created a wishlist. Now this has a huge element of fantasy to it, but hey, ask and ye shall receive, right? Of course not being material-driven, this also has a tinge of irony. But what the hell.

No comments: