Sunday, June 12, 2005

Earthquake!

We had another 'quake this morning at about 8:41 am. Preliminary reports show the magnitude at 5.6 centered out of the Palm Desert area. I had just gotten out of bed a few moments before and when it hit I was in a doorway. Automatic earthquake preparedness training kicked in and I threw my arms up in the door jamb, crouched slightly and waited -- one eye on my dog and one eye on my cat. Funny the things that went through my mind in 5 seconds -- that it wouldn't matter if I didn't edit a story I finished writing last night. Or that it wouldn't matter that I would miss my date for margaritas with a friend this afternoon. Or that I hadn't taken a shower. Then, as quick as it started, it subsided and I went back to my morning routine. So much for my exciting Sunday.

No comments: