One of the greatest things about the intersection between travel and technology is that it's possible to meet someone during your travels, someone you think is simpatico but you don't have much opportunity to chat past "hello" and "where are you from," only to return to your respective countries and discover one another over the DSL lines. This is exactly how I met, and later accidentally stumbled across, Steve Bridger of Mexicanwave. He, his wife, and two kids were on the same bus with Todd and I, as we traveled from D.F. to San Miguel. Steve and I talked about the beautiful lavender flowers of the blooming Jacarandas, a tree I told him we were fortunate enough to have in San Diego.During my usual webcrawl of all things Mexican, I came across Mexicanwave and saw a photo of the editor. I knew the moment I saw his picture that it was the guy on the bus. What a weird feeling when the subconscious recognizes something before the waking mind comprehends it. Anyway, I sent him an e-mail and he replied that he was the guy on the bus and he remembered our chat! Funny how tiny the world has become. So, point your browser his way and check out Mexicanwave:
http://www.mexicanwave.com/index.html
No comments:
Post a Comment