Thursday, June 16, 2005

What's next, Locusts?

As everyone has most likely heard by now, 2 days ago California had a tsunami warning. It turned out to be a big nothing but it was kinda fun to figure out what I would take with me to higher ground when the 45 minute warning came.

Now I bet the White House and their friends, the bible-thumpers, are convinced that California's recent string of earthquakes and the tsunami threat are evidence that the heathens and sodomizers residing in the golden state are going to get their due. And, with the California governor's recent budget cut to the mosquito abatement program, the blood-sucking insects that will soon over-populate and wreak havoc on bare arms and naked legs could be likened to a plague of locusts.

What fun neo-apocalyptic times we live in. Kinda brings to mind the warm and fuzzy Reagan years. Only worse. Much worse. And I am not talking about Mother Nature's little hiccups and emissions.

No comments: